Shoup
    
stumbleupon toolbar
blogin!  name: pass:
   gmail!  name: pass:
Quote of the Week:

"An industrial capitalist society that does not recognize ecological limits but only perpetual economic expansion and has the profit motive as driver, will eventually consume and destroy itself."

"But we will all be taken down with it."

David Orton

Shoup News

Shoup Foas:
Friendly Links:
• new world blog
• the note
• the onion
• artsjournal
• yr congress
• morning news
• wooster
• DCBCA
• east hall
• jeremy b
• imdb
• all music guide
• jen y
• hey cd reviews
• sara
• lanny
• dan h
• ketchup
• d-m 
• kenwood
• eicher
• debby s. 
• t-mo
• evil tim s.
• tristan k
• daviduh
• lando! 
• maria
• breakfast burritos
• trippity trip trip
• dino comics
• phil
• teresa 
• pitchfork media
• mksm
• trilidun
• oedipus
• Light St Cycles

Shoup Pics:
shoup ♥ flickr
Shoup Shop:
Shoup Radio
Save the Internet!
Save the Internet: Click here
News Links:
Pictures:
• kate
• alisa joy
• rob
• david
• megly
• rossbay
• kate II
• jessebm
• katieco
• lando
• philip
• sasha
• joel f.
• darla/steve
• tim naf
• erini
• andrea
• matt m.
• guen
• montreal

Aren't a member of this blog, but have something to say? That's OK! Use username "shoupguest" with password "shoupguest".*

Question of the Week:

Locations of visitors to this page
Shoup Archives:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

This isn't, of course, the rabbit that my father killed. But it could be.

My father and I were rolling along 322 late Monday afternoon, heading up to a cabin in the mountains west of Port Royal. A rabbit was in the middle of the highway, hopping nervously like rabbits do. It hopped under my father's motorcycle and the next instant was tumbling down the highway. A head twisted in grotesque inversion of its proper orientation. A flash of red and fur. A second went by and then I passed it on the right.

It was only a rabbit, and my father didn't even mention it when we stopped late to call and say that we were almost there. When I mentioned it he noted that the rabbit had been flipped into the air by the tire and had bounced off of his shoe. I'd often worried about hitting animals while riding, and this did alievate my fears that I would get hurt from the encounter.

At the cabin my cousin has memorized parts of Search for the Holy Grail, my aunt and uncle are involved in the Cambodian chapter of NION, my other uncle is planning on making all of his kids take Spanish in high school even if they don't want to, and my other cousin split his finger open while playing with explosions in a parking lot. He's being a real trooper about it, actually. He's doesn't whine, just asks occasionally if it's time for more codiene. The aunt, uncle, and two cousins will soon be returning to Cambodia to complete their MCC terms there. When we see each other next I'll have a J.D.

All content ©2009 Shoup Productions [get your shoup on].

Shoup House Group Map


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Popdex Citations


Application/Comments

name

email

Please state your business:

I am applying for membership
I am applying for Admin status
I need a question answered
I would like to leave a comment

Comments: