Shoup
    
stumbleupon toolbar
blogin!  name: pass:
   gmail!  name: pass:
Quote of the Week:

"An industrial capitalist society that does not recognize ecological limits but only perpetual economic expansion and has the profit motive as driver, will eventually consume and destroy itself."

"But we will all be taken down with it."

David Orton

Shoup News

Shoup Foas:
Friendly Links:
• new world blog
• the note
• the onion
• artsjournal
• yr congress
• morning news
• wooster
• DCBCA
• east hall
• jeremy b
• imdb
• all music guide
• jen y
• hey cd reviews
• sara
• lanny
• dan h
• ketchup
• d-m 
• kenwood
• eicher
• debby s. 
• t-mo
• evil tim s.
• tristan k
• daviduh
• lando! 
• maria
• breakfast burritos
• trippity trip trip
• dino comics
• phil
• teresa 
• pitchfork media
• mksm
• trilidun
• oedipus
• Light St Cycles

Shoup Pics:
shoup ♥ flickr
Shoup Shop:
Shoup Radio
Save the Internet!
Save the Internet: Click here
News Links:
Pictures:
• kate
• alisa joy
• rob
• david
• megly
• rossbay
• kate II
• jessebm
• katieco
• lando
• philip
• sasha
• joel f.
• darla/steve
• tim naf
• erini
• andrea
• matt m.
• guen
• montreal

Aren't a member of this blog, but have something to say? That's OK! Use username "shoupguest" with password "shoupguest".*

Question of the Week:

Locations of visitors to this page
Shoup Archives:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, September 23, 2004
OMG! it's not even noon yet
okay, here goes
please keep in mind that
a) i was not under the influence of any substances except when noted
b) i have a knack for losing things
c) i tend to make situations more complicated than they need be
d) this is not an interesting or grammatically correct story
e) i am mostly unemployed this week

yesterday i visited my little brother at CUA and then bummed a free lunch off my dad, on the way home i stopped by City Bikes to exchange my kryptonite for a lock that can't be broken with a Bic. Later that evening i found out my mom got a raise so we went over to her apt. for some champagne and strawberries and sorbet to celebrate. i think i drank too much because i woke up this morning with all my clothes on and my glasses no where to be found. My plans for the day included doing laundry and exchanging the other lock i bought from city bikes for a better one. I needed quarters for laundry, and with-out glasses it was hard to do these things, let alone look for my glasses and i was quickly getting a head ache. Fortunately, Julia called from work and told me where my glasses were and that problem was solved. Next up was solving the getting-of-the-quarters problem, but first i'm going to explain the bike lock situation. Me and Meg and Julia all ride our bikes to work and we all had kryptonite locks. Meg's was the shittiest and the oldest and it only one key left. Julia and I both bought ours from City Bikes and we have 4 keys for each. I already exchanged mine and i still had one exchange left, so i was going to exchange meg's lock (the rusty one with 1 key) rather than julia's, so we'd have a descent one still hanging around. so i gave Julia my new lock to take to work and meg would take Julia's lock because her bike doesn't really work anyway. that left me with meg's crappy lock which i planned on exchanging later in the day, but first i had to get the quarters. to keep from losing my shit, i keep all my keys and stuff tied to me. Meg's key was not tied to me. I locked up my bike outside the bank and went in to exchange for some quarters, when i came out i reached for my chin of keys, and of course, the key to meg's lock (the lock holding my bike to a meter) was not on my chain, so i emptied my bag, went back in to the bank, looked everywhere, a dude from the bank even came out to help me look, i went trough my bag again, all my pockets and still no key, no cell phone either, i'm such a dumb-ass. so i was like, "shit, what do i do, i lost the only key to the bike, it takes at least a day to order new kays, and i'm not leaving my bike on penn. ave. over night just to get stolen with a crappy bic pen." so i wandered down to Capitol Hill Bikes and asked the dude in the store if he knew how to pick the lock with a bic pen and he did and he showed me, but he warned me that if you mess up, than the lock is ruined, but it was the cheapest of the kryptolok line and i figured that if need be, i could take a bolt cutters to it. so i walked back to my bike, armed with a bic pen, half way there a woman came tearing out of a resterount asking me where i got my shirt, so i told her, through the corse of our conversation she managed to pick 4 other ethiopians off the streets of eastern market, including one from my service town. when i got to my bike i made one last sweep of the area, asked the guy at the bank agian, checked my pockets, checked my bag, and checked my wallet. YAY! My KEY! in my wallet! yay! i immediately added the key to the rest of the keys tied to me, unlocked my bike, and headed home. wasn't that exciting.

All content ©2009 Shoup Productions [get your shoup on].

Shoup House Group Map


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Popdex Citations


Application/Comments

name

email

Please state your business:

I am applying for membership
I am applying for Admin status
I need a question answered
I would like to leave a comment

Comments: