Shoup
    
stumbleupon toolbar
blogin!  name: pass:
   gmail!  name: pass:
Quote of the Week:

"An industrial capitalist society that does not recognize ecological limits but only perpetual economic expansion and has the profit motive as driver, will eventually consume and destroy itself."

"But we will all be taken down with it."

David Orton

Shoup News

Shoup Foas:
Friendly Links:
• new world blog
• the note
• the onion
• artsjournal
• yr congress
• morning news
• wooster
• DCBCA
• east hall
• jeremy b
• imdb
• all music guide
• jen y
• hey cd reviews
• sara
• lanny
• dan h
• ketchup
• d-m 
• kenwood
• eicher
• debby s. 
• t-mo
• evil tim s.
• tristan k
• daviduh
• lando! 
• maria
• breakfast burritos
• trippity trip trip
• dino comics
• phil
• teresa 
• pitchfork media
• mksm
• trilidun
• oedipus
• Light St Cycles

Shoup Pics:
shoup ♥ flickr
Shoup Shop:
Shoup Radio
Save the Internet!
Save the Internet: Click here
News Links:
Pictures:
• kate
• alisa joy
• rob
• david
• megly
• rossbay
• kate II
• jessebm
• katieco
• lando
• philip
• sasha
• joel f.
• darla/steve
• tim naf
• erini
• andrea
• matt m.
• guen
• montreal

Aren't a member of this blog, but have something to say? That's OK! Use username "shoupguest" with password "shoupguest".*

Question of the Week:

Locations of visitors to this page
Shoup Archives:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, October 08, 2004
Job description: must love to travel
In the mornings my grandfather and I paint. We also nail, buff and strip, but those verbs don't quite cut it. We work until noon, when we eat bread and cheese. Then he sleeps and I go to work. I spend the afternoon there, doing whatever needs to be done. At five we eat supper and in the evening we talk. Sometimes I have time to catch up on old ERs. It's a good routine.

But, like all things it cannot last. On Sunday I'll return with my Opa to PA, and we'll hang out. On Wednesday a hitchhike to T-Mo (and the Juice) in Lancaster, and drive with him down to DC on the evening of the 15th. A weekend there with Redekopp and my cousin Debby (hopefully the Schrocks, too) with high chances of humidity and noseliness. I hope I see everybody I can see, and I'll email you all as I get more of my act together. Finally, a surprise visit with Lando in NYC on the way back, and then my new job on the 25th.

Really my new job will be my old job, but with government funding to make it full-time. Today my boss told me that since he was too busy to write my job description I should just do it myself. Here's what it will look like:
"L'employé sera responsable de coordiner la distribution d'une revue nationale avec une circulation de 38 000; réviser et corriger des épreuves d'articles, en plus d'en écrire par occasion; établir de liens dans les domaines de la musique classique et du commerce; aider avec les programmes de levée de fonds; concevoir et exécuter des stratégies de marketing et de loyauté; contibuer à la vision commune de l'entreprise et accroître l'image de marque de la revue et de l'entreprise à travers le Canada."
Something like this in English:

"The employee will be in charge of coordinating the distribution of a national magazine with a circulation of 38 000; editing and proofreading page proofs, as well as occasionally contributing articles; building contacts within the business and classical music worlds; helping with ongoing fundraising efforts; designing and implementing new marketing strategies and reader reward programs; creatively adding to the shared vision of the organization, and overall, enhancing the image of the magazine and organization across the country."

I'm looking forward to it, which makes me feel old. Help me kick the jams our while I can! I'm excited about seeing folks, as well as getting out of this already-frozen city for a while.

With Tom & Misha

All content ©2009 Shoup Productions [get your shoup on].

Shoup House Group Map


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Popdex Citations


Application/Comments

name

email

Please state your business:

I am applying for membership
I am applying for Admin status
I need a question answered
I would like to leave a comment

Comments: