Shoup
    
stumbleupon toolbar
blogin!  name: pass:
   gmail!  name: pass:
Quote of the Week:

"An industrial capitalist society that does not recognize ecological limits but only perpetual economic expansion and has the profit motive as driver, will eventually consume and destroy itself."

"But we will all be taken down with it."

David Orton

Shoup News

Shoup Foas:
Friendly Links:
• new world blog
• the note
• the onion
• artsjournal
• yr congress
• morning news
• wooster
• DCBCA
• east hall
• jeremy b
• imdb
• all music guide
• jen y
• hey cd reviews
• sara
• lanny
• dan h
• ketchup
• d-m 
• kenwood
• eicher
• debby s. 
• t-mo
• evil tim s.
• tristan k
• daviduh
• lando! 
• maria
• breakfast burritos
• trippity trip trip
• dino comics
• phil
• teresa 
• pitchfork media
• mksm
• trilidun
• oedipus
• Light St Cycles

Shoup Pics:
shoup ♥ flickr
Shoup Shop:
Shoup Radio
Save the Internet!
Save the Internet: Click here
News Links:
Pictures:
• kate
• alisa joy
• rob
• david
• megly
• rossbay
• kate II
• jessebm
• katieco
• lando
• philip
• sasha
• joel f.
• darla/steve
• tim naf
• erini
• andrea
• matt m.
• guen
• montreal

Aren't a member of this blog, but have something to say? That's OK! Use username "shoupguest" with password "shoupguest".*

Question of the Week:

Locations of visitors to this page
Shoup Archives:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, October 31, 2004

One of my mental associations is that of scarves with transsexual women. Whenever I see a woman with a scarf as fashion (rather than to keep warm) I always look at her twice and try to determine if she's trans. For those of you who would like to be cued in here: transsexual women often wrap scarves around their necks to conceal an Adam's Apple. Maybe I'll be Daphne Blake for the next Halloween. Maybe the rest of you can be the rest of the gang! Of course this would require getting a wig, but there's a store in Silver Spring on the way to the beltway that sells wigs. I'm sure I could find something. My other idea is to  make some sort of creepy costume out of this old Israeli gas mask that I happen to have in my closet. Why do I only get these great ideas the day after Halloween? Blast!

Really Lanny, is that the best you can do? P-Diddy said that if I don't vote he'll kill me. You're going to need to step it up if you want to be taken seriously.

Also: According to our landlord, our house is haunted! This is so cool. Priscilla gave five reasons for why our house is haunted:

  1. Priscilla believes that her difficulty with procurring reliable contractors to repair the house is a reflection of the house's unhealthy spiritual nature.
  2. At one point a woman was pushed down the basement steps by her son and died.
  3. A while ago a little girl living here would see a woman with a blue hat walking around the house.
  4. Other residents have reported hearing strange noises.

I've been having quite a day with this. There are problems with joking about it so much, however:

  1. I don't know anything about the capabilities of ghosts in general or the Woman with the Blue Hat in particular, but it seems conceivable to me that they would not be pleased with being treated lightly. I certainly wouldn't.
  2. If I do ever uncover evidence of ghosts, no one will ever believe me...

All content ©2009 Shoup Productions [get your shoup on].

Shoup House Group Map


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Popdex Citations


Application/Comments

name

email

Please state your business:

I am applying for membership
I am applying for Admin status
I need a question answered
I would like to leave a comment

Comments: