stumbleupon toolbar
blogin!  name: pass:
   gmail!  name: pass:
Quote of the Week:

"An industrial capitalist society that does not recognize ecological limits but only perpetual economic expansion and has the profit motive as driver, will eventually consume and destroy itself."

"But we will all be taken down with it."

David Orton

Shoup News

Shoup Foas:
Friendly Links:
• new world blog
• the note
• the onion
• artsjournal
• yr congress
• morning news
• wooster
• east hall
• jeremy b
• imdb
• all music guide
• jen y
• hey cd reviews
• sara
• lanny
• dan h
• ketchup
• d-m 
• kenwood
• eicher
• debby s. 
• t-mo
• evil tim s.
• tristan k
• daviduh
• lando! 
• maria
• breakfast burritos
• trippity trip trip
• dino comics
• phil
• teresa 
• pitchfork media
• mksm
• trilidun
• oedipus
• Light St Cycles

Shoup Pics:
shoup ♥ flickr
Shoup Shop:
Shoup Radio
Save the Internet!
Save the Internet: Click here
News Links:
• kate
• alisa joy
• rob
• david
• megly
• rossbay
• kate II
• jessebm
• katieco
• lando
• philip
• sasha
• joel f.
• darla/steve
• tim naf
• erini
• andrea
• matt m.
• guen
• montreal

Aren't a member of this blog, but have something to say? That's OK! Use username "shoupguest" with password "shoupguest".*

Question of the Week:

Locations of visitors to this page
Shoup Archives:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, September 25, 2005
Jonah Flores
There was a fire across the alley from my house about 3 a.m. last night and a child died. His name is Jonah Flores.

We had to deal with reporters a lot today because various folks who were staying at our house were awake at the time and helped out.

They had gotten home from Operation Ceasefire, and were hanging out on the back porch. Though the Post article doesn't explain it very well, after seeing the fire they ran into the building and pounded on doors to wake folks up and get them out. The fire alarm in the building did not go off.

Two of our neighbors came over this evening with a cake. I explained that the folks who had run into the building had returned to Lancaster, but accepted the cake on their behalf. Our neighbors expressed gratitude and a real sense that their lives had been saved, especially because the building fire alarm system failed.

The fire evidently started because the family had lost electricity on Tuesday and was using candles. Jonah died from smoke inhalation and severe burns.

All content ©2009 Shoup Productions [get your shoup on].

Shoup House Group Map

referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Popdex Citations




Please state your business:

I am applying for membership
I am applying for Admin status
I need a question answered
I would like to leave a comment