Shoup
    
stumbleupon toolbar
blogin!  name: pass:
   gmail!  name: pass:
Quote of the Week:

"An industrial capitalist society that does not recognize ecological limits but only perpetual economic expansion and has the profit motive as driver, will eventually consume and destroy itself."

"But we will all be taken down with it."

David Orton

Shoup News

Shoup Foas:
Friendly Links:
• new world blog
• the note
• the onion
• artsjournal
• yr congress
• morning news
• wooster
• DCBCA
• east hall
• jeremy b
• imdb
• all music guide
• jen y
• hey cd reviews
• sara
• lanny
• dan h
• ketchup
• d-m 
• kenwood
• eicher
• debby s. 
• t-mo
• evil tim s.
• tristan k
• daviduh
• lando! 
• maria
• breakfast burritos
• trippity trip trip
• dino comics
• phil
• teresa 
• pitchfork media
• mksm
• trilidun
• oedipus
• Light St Cycles

Shoup Pics:
shoup ♥ flickr
Shoup Shop:
Shoup Radio
Save the Internet!
Save the Internet: Click here
News Links:
Pictures:
• kate
• alisa joy
• rob
• david
• megly
• rossbay
• kate II
• jessebm
• katieco
• lando
• philip
• sasha
• joel f.
• darla/steve
• tim naf
• erini
• andrea
• matt m.
• guen
• montreal

Aren't a member of this blog, but have something to say? That's OK! Use username "shoupguest" with password "shoupguest".*

Question of the Week:

Locations of visitors to this page
Shoup Archives:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, November 09, 2005
I heart NJ Transit
so thi beats yesterdays story:

After we wrapped today I hopped on a train up to 42nd street to the bus terminals, then I called my friend nikki to tell her I was on my way to the bus to alert her that I would soon need a ride from the bus stop to her condo. So I get on the right bus (goood for me, the 195 leaving at 9:40) and I get off the bus at the right stop (good for me, the alwood shopping place) and I notice my pocket has opened up and my plastic money holder thing is falling out.
FUCK!
fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck
I my cell phone is gone. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I can't call nikki, I don't know her number, I could use the payphone, I have quarters but dammit she's polish and her real name isn't anywhere close nikki. i can't call the operator. what do i do whaddoidowhaddoidowhaddoido. ook I know another bus comes in an hour, maybe I could beg them to take me back to nyc where I could.... sleep at the terminal? or catch a bus to dc, or maybe wait for the 195 to come back or find a friend, dammit all my numbers are in my cellphone, umm, well, ok, I'll wait till midnight to see if a bus comes and them panic and you know what, maybe nikki will wonder where i am and come looking for me, I told her where I was, she'd probably come by midnight, don't panic till midnight. but what if the bus comes before nikki... should I get on the bus or should I wait and hope to see if nikki comes. fuuuuucccckkkkk. freaking ahhhhhhhhhhhh. ok, payphone. directory assistance, maybe they can put me in touch with nj transit and then I'll figure something out.

(long fight with payhone, can't get ahold of an operator, how the hell do these things work. no luck}
go back to the street, pace, unsuccesfully run after a bus going the other way, spill contents of bag.
go back to payhone. curse the quarters.

several more trips to the street and back to the phones.

its about 10 minutes after I was dropped off now. panic ensues and I call 911. after I calm donwn the operator figures out that I'm stranded and calls me a cab. I wait some more, now I'm waiting for a bus (uncertain fate), nikki (uncertain arrival) and a taxi (not that I know where nikki lives or anything). walk in circles. panic.I need to get in touch with nikki. I decide to call kate. maybe she can find nikki's number by finding the number for babar and then she could call him and he could give her nikki's number. yeah! so I call kate, tell her the situation and then the taxi and a cop show up. I talk to the cop and panic again. I don't know where she lives!! or her number or her name. I know she lives in a condo near a bar called dickies.
dingos?
yeah, dingos.
hop in the car, I know exactly where that is.
sweet!
what kind of car does she drive
a black suv
whats the make
i don't know, but it's huge and has a truck bed thing
ok' we'll see if the car is at the condos
(we arrive)
what building is she in
I don't know
is that her black suv
no, not that one either, not that one, thats not it, nope nope. TAHT'S IT!! SHE'S HERE. SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!! I jump out and find her name in the directory and she lets me in.
yay!!!!!!
I win!
I didn't have to sleep in a parkinglot!!!!!!!!!!!!

All content ©2009 Shoup Productions [get your shoup on].

Shoup House Group Map


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Popdex Citations


Application/Comments

name

email

Please state your business:

I am applying for membership
I am applying for Admin status
I need a question answered
I would like to leave a comment

Comments: