Shoup
    
stumbleupon toolbar
blogin!  name: pass:
   gmail!  name: pass:
Quote of the Week:

"An industrial capitalist society that does not recognize ecological limits but only perpetual economic expansion and has the profit motive as driver, will eventually consume and destroy itself."

"But we will all be taken down with it."

David Orton

Shoup News

Shoup Foas:
Friendly Links:
• new world blog
• the note
• the onion
• artsjournal
• yr congress
• morning news
• wooster
• DCBCA
• east hall
• jeremy b
• imdb
• all music guide
• jen y
• hey cd reviews
• sara
• lanny
• dan h
• ketchup
• d-m 
• kenwood
• eicher
• debby s. 
• t-mo
• evil tim s.
• tristan k
• daviduh
• lando! 
• maria
• breakfast burritos
• trippity trip trip
• dino comics
• phil
• teresa 
• pitchfork media
• mksm
• trilidun
• oedipus
• Light St Cycles

Shoup Pics:
shoup ♥ flickr
Shoup Shop:
Shoup Radio
Save the Internet!
Save the Internet: Click here
News Links:
Pictures:
• kate
• alisa joy
• rob
• david
• megly
• rossbay
• kate II
• jessebm
• katieco
• lando
• philip
• sasha
• joel f.
• darla/steve
• tim naf
• erini
• andrea
• matt m.
• guen
• montreal

Aren't a member of this blog, but have something to say? That's OK! Use username "shoupguest" with password "shoupguest".*

Question of the Week:

Locations of visitors to this page
Shoup Archives:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, March 30, 2007
CHOCOLATE JESUS







Tom Waits - "Chocolate Jesus"

Well, I don't go to church on Sunday
Don't get on my knees to pray
Don't memorize the books of the bible
I got my own special way

I know Jesus loves me
Maybe just a little bit more
I fall down on my knees every Sunday
At Zerelda Lee's candy store

Well, it's got to be a chocolate Jesus
Make me feel good inside
Got to be a chocolate Jesus
Keep me satisfied

Well, I don't want no Abba Zabba
Don't want no Almond Joy
There ain't nothing better
Suitable for this boy

Well, it's the only thing that can pick me up
It's better than a cup of gold
See, only a chocolate Jesus
Can satisfy my soul

When the weather gets rough and it's whiskey in the shade
It's best to wrap your Savior up in cellophane
He flows like the big muddy but that's okay
Pour him over ice cream for a nice parfait

Well, it's got to be a chocolate Jesus
Good enough for me
Got to be a chocolate Jesus
It's good enough for me

And it's got to be a chocolate Jesus
Make me feel so good inside
Got to be a chocolate Jesus
Keep me satisfied
Controversial chocolate Jesus exhibit cancelled

NEW YORK (Associated Press) -- A planned Holy Week exhibition of a nude, anatomically correct chocolate sculpture of Jesus Christ was cancelled Friday amid a choir of complaining Catholics that included Cardinal Edward Egan.

The "My Sweet Lord" display was shut down by the hotel that houses the Lab Gallery in midtown Manhattan, said Matt Semler, the gallery's creative director. Semler said he submitted his resignation after officials at the Roger Smith Hotel shut down the show.

Word of the confectionary Christ infuriated Catholics, including Egan, who described it as "a sickening display." Bill Donohue, head of the watchdog Catholic League, said it was "one of the worst assaults on Christian sensibilities ever."

The sculpture was to debut Monday evening, the day after Palm Sunday and just four days before Roman Catholics mark the crucifixion of Jesus Christ on Good Friday. The final day of the exhibit was planned for Easter Sunday.

The artwork was created from more than 200 pounds of milk chocolate, and features Christ with his arms outstretched as if on an invisible cross. Unlike the typical religious portrayal of Christ, the Cavallaro creation does not include a loincloth.

Cavallaro is best known for his quirky work with food as art: Past efforts include repainting a Manhattan hotel room in melted mozzarella, spraying five tons of pepper jack cheese on a Wyoming home, and festooning a four-poster bed with 312 pounds of processed ham.

Labels: , ,


All content ©2009 Shoup Productions [get your shoup on].

Shoup House Group Map


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer
Popdex Citations


Application/Comments

name

email

Please state your business:

I am applying for membership
I am applying for Admin status
I need a question answered
I would like to leave a comment

Comments: